A News Release Statement Regarding the COVID-19 Guidelines of Solfest 2021.
Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.
We are only just a few weeks out! Everyone at team Solfest is working extremely hard to make sure that you all experience the festival that you deserve, especially after this difficult period we all went through.
As the festival draws near, we want to share some advisory guidelines which will make your experience as safe as possible. Regardless of your views on this pandemic, we know that all of our attendees wish nothing but the best for each other. In this transition period back to normality, it is in everyone’s best interest to look out for each other. There has been much debate on COVID-19 at team Solfest as is across the world. However, to keep you all safe and feeling welcome, these are the guidelines that we have set out:
- Please get tested (Lateral Flow or PCR) at least 24 hours before you will attend the festival. These tests are available online through the NHS or from your local Pharmacy. If the results come back positive, please do the right thing by staying at home and follow the guidelines that the NHS have given to you. The NHS are doing their very best to fight this horrible pandemic. We should do our part to not overwhelm them once again.
- If you demonstrate any symptoms before entering or during the festival, please do the right thing and go home. If you are unable to go home, please self-isolate onsite. There will be a medical team and provided meals that will attend to you if needed.
- The Skiddle payment protection plan will provide you with a full refund if you have contracted COVID-19 and cannot attend the festival or a partial refund if you have been asked to leave due to COVID-19. The payment protection plan applies to you only if you have purchased the option.
- There are multiple sanitising stations throughout the festival. Please use them as much as you can.
- We recommend the use of masks when indoors for your safety and the safety of others. You are not obligated to wear one, however, wearing a mask when you can help protect yourself and others around you. Multiple staff members at Solfest will wear one to help protect our community.
- Although not mandatory, we advise you to get the vaccine. According to the government guidelines, fully vaccinated adults will not require to self isolate if they have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Being fully vaccinated also significantly reduces the chances of you getting seriously ill from COVID-19. Multiple staff members at Solfest have received at least one jab of the vaccine to do their part for the community. We all want this nightmare to end and this seems like a step in the right direction
We want to ensure that everyone should enjoy Solfest 2021, as the festival we all know and love. Everyone should be kind and respectful to each other regardless of their beliefs, which is why we advise you to stay at home and stay safe if you have developed symptoms for COVID-19. It is up to you to follow these guidelines.
On behalf of the whole Solfest team, we thank you for doing your part to make sure that everyone feels safe and welcomed back. We wouldn’t have been able to make it this far without you guys and we can’t go further without your support. You guys are what makes this festival great!
Please stay safe, and have an amazing Solfest.
Joe Goulding & Sam R. Johnston
For More Information, Contact:
Head of Marketing and PR